Programme Finance Analyst
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are in search of a Programme Finance Analyst to join our team and will be based in our Glasgow office.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Reporting to the Finance & Business Operations Senior Manager the Programme Financial Analyst will provide support in the area of Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our programme teams in the Devolved Government & Energy Portfolio and is based in Glasgow
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team, supporting Finance Business Partners across multiple programmes
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Help to develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Support the analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management to prevent future errors
- Assist with producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting preparation of financial presentation materials for programme or operational reviews
- Support pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Help to maintain both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Support with gathering commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Provide support for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Assist with monthly closing process, validating awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams.
The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made.
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Recognised accounting qualification, or relevant background with an intention to begin studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.