Senior Subcontract Manager
Leidos UK has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontract Manager to support our Logistics Division and specifically the LCST programme. In this position, the employee is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering existing subcontract agreements as well as acquisition aspects in new business proposals of high value, risk, creativity and complexity. The position requires a thorough knowledge of subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements.
The role requires the application of expertise and know how to manage some of our largest and most critical Subcontractors.
The individual will:
- Advise, guide and engage with internal and external stakeholders for appropriate and successful outcomes
- Negotiate terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with subcontractors.
- Create subcontract modifications from customer requirements and/or solicitations
In addition, the position requires:
- The ability to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, and evidence of team building techniques in a diverse and dynamic environment
The employee has latitude to make moderate adjustments commensurate with the area of responsibility. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as senior management of suppliers, team members and subcontractors. The employee may lead and /or assist in new business proposals. The ability to work a high volume of relatively complex work independently with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Has the ability to identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and make recommendations for appropriate mitigation steps
- Will communicate with parties external to the organisation (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.) and internal team members from other functions supporting the same division(s) or program(s)
- May assist management by coaching more junior staff on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Demonstrates business acumen, and has a general understanding of the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organisation.
- Demonstrates the value of the function with interactions with internal customers and external suppliers, operating with a customer service-oriented perspective that continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organisational core values, such as:
- Demonstrating negotiation skills used to maximise Leidos’ return and minimise our risk; and
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with suppliers that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of subcontract types, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- BA/Masters degree or equivalent or substantial prior relevant experience
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.