Lead Senior Business Performance Analyst
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Operational Performance Team have an important role within the LCST Programme. We are primarily responsible for developing management information (MI) and business intelligence (BI). We work with multiple data sets across numerous IT systems, applications and business analysis tools. Our core activity is monitoring and reporting on performance across the full supply chain. Working closely with Team Leidos(TL) cross-functional areas, our Delivery Partners and Customer to meet the overall LCST contractual obligations and our business requirements.
We present outputs in varying report formats to working groups, management/senior leadership forums and Customer. Supporting evidence-based improvements and business decision making. Ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces. We also contribute to commissioning and delivery of projects, funding and new business opportunities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to work closely with the Head of Operational Performance in supporting the lead of a review of our Customers data provision and reporting requirements. This covers both our existing contractual activities and obligations within Schedule 11 and the evaluation and scope of potential new requirements.
The role will also involve close engagement and cross-functional working with key stakeholders, business area leads/points of contact, our delivery partners and customer.
Based primarily in our Bicester office with some flexibility to homework. This will be in agreement with the Head of Operational Performance and subject to business needs. Due to the nature of this programme of work, there may also on occasion be a requirement to travel to other locations.
- Undertake evaluation of existing data sources, management information and reporting schedules with the outlined customer requirements. Work in partnership with the operations performance team, cross-functional business area and delivery partner SME’s who is responsible for the contractual activity, obligation and reporting.
- Produce a gap analysis of data and resources (IT & people) to give a clear picture of where are we now v where do we need to be, informing what is required to get there (with proposed timelines).
- Identify and report key dependencies, challenges and any risks associated.
- Ensure requirements and any proposed deliverables, are accurately captured, meeting business and customer requirements. Providing meaningful and actionable insights.
- Review, consider and outline business rules, processes and procedures to underpin existing, enhanced and new requirements. Ensuring relevant colleagues and SME’s are engaged throughout.
- Advise on collection, collation, cleansing and accuracy for new data sources, structures and frameworks to introduce new information and reporting against existing contractual and new reporting requirements.
- Apply your Business Data Analyst expertise to input in the design, development and creation of new data sources and reporting. Overseeing user acceptance testing, quality checks and implementation, which may in some instances run con-currently until verified and go-live.
- Work closely with IS, technical and wider TL colleagues to establish enhanced and new solutions to data sharing and storage in agreed locations and access portals.
- Propose and agree business rhythms with Head of Operational Performance and colleagues across TL to ensure regular reviews, updates and reporting of work-stream developments, challenges and any risks.
- Support Head of Operational Performance, Operations Director and key Stakeholders establish timelines for specific tranches, phased developments, pilot, implementation and overall delivery of the Customer priorities and requirements.
- Contribute to set up and delivery of collaborative, interactive working groups with key TL and Customer representatives. Meeting the objective to establish, map out and agree requirements resulting in clear templates of proposed outputs. Present via Operational Performance and Commercial Teams for agreement and sign off.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- A flexible, adaptable and supportive team member
- Knowledge of the LCST programme, data sources, process, procedures and reporting provision.
- Accomplished Senior Business/Data Analyst with relevant experience
- Proficient in understanding automating data ingestion of structured and unstructured data.
- Proficient in advanced excel, MS Access, SQL and with complex data sets.
- Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and manage time effectively.
- Planning, analytical, and conceptual skills to evaluate business problems. Able to identify and apply appropriate solutions in collaboration with others.
- Experience with developing analytic solutions e.g. reporting, visualisation
- Positive, want to/can-do attitude and ability to work on own incentive
- Active listening, confident communication/collaboration and excellent presentation skills
- Motivated, goal driven and able to work on own initiative
- Logical and creative thinking
- Confident in working with key stakeholders, customer contacts and Delivery Partners
- Relevant qualification in data analytics, or working toward an advantage.
- SC Clearance an advantage (successful candidate will require if not a holder)
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.