Are you ready for your next career challenge?...
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Operational Performance Team have an exciting and important role within the LCST Programme. We are primarily responsible for developing management information (MI) and business intelligence (BI). Our core activity is monitoring and reporting on performance across the full LCST supply chain. Working closely with Leidos cross-functional areas, our Delivery Partners and Customer to meet the overall LCST contractual obligations and our business requirements.
We present outputs in varying report formats to working groups, management/senior leadership forums and our Customer. We also contribute to commissioning and delivery of projects, funding initiatives and new business opportunities. Supporting evidence-based improvements and business decision making. Ensuring that we deliver effective and efficient supply chain support to UK Armed Forces.
We work with multiple data sets across numerous IT systems, applications and business analysis tools. Joining our team as a Data Analyst will be the ideal opportunity for a Graduate or individual pursuing a career within data management. The successful candidate will receive full management support, a development plan, in team training and a Senior Data Analyst will Mentor you on your journey.
Based in our Bicester office with some flexibility to homework. This will be in agreement with the Business Performance Manager on a rotational basis across the team and subject to business needs.
- Support achievement and improvement of KPIs, undertaking detailed data analysis, interpretation and validation of data. Identifying trends, assessing performance and any deviations against contractual activities and obligations.
- Support Senior Data Analysts reconcile and validate daily, weekly and monthly statistics using various techniques eg; cross checking to identify faults in data results and to ensure data quality.
- Ensures deliverables are accurate, meeting business and customer requirements through application of business rules and adherence to processes/procedures.
- Proactive in looking at and suggesting creative ways to drive change and improvements of our tools, processes and working practices to drive efficient ways of working and best practice .
- Prepare data for analysis, review and reporting by others.
- Communicate results clearly and concisely within the Operational Performance Team and escalate issues to the Business Performance Manager.
- Support working with technical teams and wider TL colleagues to contribute to cross-functional working groups and projects as required.
- Demonstrate and promote our values in your behaviours, all day-to-day business interactions and activities.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- A flexible, adaptable and supportive team member
- You have a passion for and genuine interest in data, analytics and problem solving.
- Excellent competency in Microsoft office packages, particularly in advanced excel and knowledge of other software packages such as MS Access and SQL
- Relevant qualification or working toward in data analytics/IT preferred.
- Working with complex data sets and awareness of performance monitoring/reporting
- Ability to identify and apply appropriate solutions with support.
- Positive, want to/can-do attitude and ability to work on own initiative
- Motivated and goal driven with a keen interest in self-development and continuous learning
- Active listening and good communication skills
- Logical and creative thinking
- Successful applicant will require SC Clearance.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.