UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We are in search of a Java Developer. On behalf of our central government customer you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure. You will have the following skills to deploy on programme:
- Specifically you will be part of an applications development and support team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to engineering governance/best practice.
- You will be expected to work closely with team members and the broader programme to develop new functionality and to provide third line support; this may involve being on call out of hours on a rotating basis.
- Highly technical in nature, you will need strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing java based configurations and solutions in individual services, applications or components in the development, test and live environments. The system utilises a wide variety of technologies so you must be flexible and quick to acquire new skills. The system is currently being moved into the public cloud so experience in this area would be an advantage or at least a desire to acquire these skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Solid Java development skills
- Spring framework
- Good communication: written, spoken and on-line – we work almost exclusively remotely so making sure everyone is fully informed is key to making that a success.
- Web Services - XML, SOAP, RESTful
Nice to have:
- XML Schemas
- Websphere Application Server
- Websphere MQ
- Build and Test Automation
- Working in an agile environment with waterfall aspects
- AWS or other public cloud
- Relational databases - e.g. Oracle, DB2
- IBM Software life cycle tooling including: Rational Software Architect, ClearQuest, and ClearCase
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.