As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains cloud infrastructure using a tailored SAFe Agile SecDevOps Scrum process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using AWS Services and Infrastructure as Code. An individual in this role is also expected to perform automated testing and unit testing, while performing automated deployments of software modules using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Must be a UK Citizen and based in UK for the duration
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Considerable experience with developing software code in AWS Services, Jira, Confluence, TestRail, SonarQube, Robot, Python, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TerraForm, Ansible, Unix bash scripting IaC and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Considerable experience in translating user stories into engineering deliverables and associated documentation.
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Considerable experience of with automated build/test/deploy
- Considerable experience of AWS, SME (Wintel / Unix / Virtualised Networking / Monitoring / Security)
- Experience of SAFe
- Collaborator, self-starter
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Align with existing Leidos delivery standards and identify/craft/suggest improvements thereon
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Certified AWS
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.