As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. Must be able to craft detailed, epics, user stories and tasks from low level designs and discovery information. Working with business operations stakeholders, DevOps engineers and testers to turn stories into engineering and testing deliverables. e.g infrastructure as code and test scripts.
This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using AWS Services, Java, C, Jira, Confluence, TestRail, Robot, Python, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TerraForm, Ansible and Infrastructure as Code; via Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams.
- Must be a UK Citizen and based in the UK for the duration
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Considerable experience with developing software code in AWS Services, Java, C, Jira, Confluence, TestRail, SonarQube, Robot, Python, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TerraForm, Ansible, IaC and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Considerable experience in crafting user stories and documentation.
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Considerable experience of with automated build/test/deploy
- Considerable experience of AWS
- Experience of SAFe
- Collaborator, self-starter
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Certified AWS
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.