PITSM Incident Manager
We are seeking an Incident Manager to develop, manage and oversee the day to day running of the Incident Management processes within the Service Operations department of a major new programme within the organisation. This is an opportunity to join our growing Defence Business area working with an exciting selection of customers in a role with real world impact.
You will be reporting directly to the Service Delivery Manager and offers the opportunity not only to undertake the role delivery but also to support ongoing improvement and process development within an ITIL v3 framework, really making and individual mark. There is also real progression potential within the team and across the wider Leidos Defence Portfolio.
You will operate within a combined team delivering Service Support directly to the customer, but engaging closely with an agile change delivery team: both supporting their work with subject matter expertise and placing tasks on them to enable long term and sustainable resolution to problems and incidents. They will also be working closely with resolver groups from a number of different areas and ensuring that the processes they are responsible for are enacted and sustained.
Your main responsibilities within this role will include:
· Effective implementation of the Incident Management process for the programme, reporting as required to sustain the operation and provide evidence of Service Levels.
· Providing Incident related information at governance meetings on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· Planning and coordinating Incident Management related activities as required to enable monitoring and reporting.
· Acting as the main Point of contact for all Major Incidents.
· Working with the wider team to own, progress and close Incidents in a sustainable manner, including overview of longer term resolution work.
· Engage with the Problem Manager and Agile Change Team to provide guidance and requirements relating to any long term resolution work done outside of the core Resolver Groups.
· Monitor Incident rate, closures and resolutions to ensure that the Service Level Agreement are maintained.
· Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct Incident Reviews
· Ensure the closure and linked communication of all resolved and end-user confirmed Incident records
· Liaise and interact with other ITIL process managers to ensure processes are correctly aligned to provide the best possible service.
· Supporting the Continuous Improvement of the service including the development of the Incident Management process area.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· Experience and a strong background in delivering ITIL (v3) Best Practice and experience in Service operations processes with particular focus on Incident Management.
· A knowledge and understanding of ITIL (v3) functions, principles and processes.
· Technical knowledge at a managerial level or experience of configuring automated tools for system monitoring and event notification e.g. OpManager, NetCool, SCOM etc.
· Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements;
· Knowledge of VMware virtualisation.
· A good understanding of WINTEL in secure environments.
· Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Willingness to work out of hours or support out of hours work being delivered by others on occasion.
· Current SC clearance; willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
· Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.