Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
Reporting to the National Security and Defence Senior Finance manager, this position will be responsible for defining and developing all financial activity for the Defence portfolio within the UK business. You will serve as a key member of the management team within the UK Finance community. You will be overseeing a number of programmes through various aspects of the programme life cycle including, but not limited to, proposal strategies, price generation, programme execution and close-out.
A broad range of financial and business acumen will be required for this position including a familiarity of business processes associated with Programme Control, Estimating, Financial Planning and Analysis and Overhead management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply broad working knowledge of programme management & business operations to establish required business operations tools, processes and governance, ensuring full programme impacts and interactions understood
- Manage, coordinate and control all aspects of finance for programme performance including actuals, budgets, forecasts, risk and opportunities and analysis and reporting ensuring the development of financial strategies necessary to achieve programme financial goals
- Review and communicate status of Programme's financial performance to Senior Management and support Corporate reporting requirements
- Oversee cost and pricing strategies within the Division as well as proposal price, identifying dependencies and interfaces to ensure proposal deadlines are achieved
- Support capture managers in business case and commercial elements of capture effort
- Define financial and commercial resource skill sets required for capture effort and programme execution
- Manage the development and negotiations of contract price proposals that appropriately balance risk and profit
- Provide strong, forward-looking analytical leadership
- Lead a high performing team of Finance professionals
- Strong background in general accounting, financial management
- Knowledge in pricing, estimating/cost modelling and proposal activities
- Government/MoD contract knowledge
- Professional accounting/finance qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Knowledge of facilitating solutions collaboratively with customers and suppliers
- Ability to establish Business Operations strategy and plan
- Team player but can also work independently and proactively
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Knowledge on open book contracts
- Team Leadership experience
- Good analytical skills, ability to problem solve and develop process improvements
- Good knowledge of Programme Operations
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with all levels of Internal and External Customers
- Clearance to Start: BPSS
- Clearance for Role: SC
Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos UK show you how to accelerate your career path.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.