Intel Portfolio DevOps Engineer - T5
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
As a National Security & Defence (NS&D) DevOp Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build secure systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and gain agile development and deployment experience in support of UKIC programmes. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing.
- Develop, test, and maintain continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins to ensure automated, repeatable deployment to multiple customer environments
- Provide guidance and identify innovation to enable the acceleration of delivery through automation, collaboration, fast feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Design, develop, configure, test, and maintain a software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
- Develop and deploy prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Execute software system validation and testing to ensure delivery of assured solutions
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle in accordance with the program’s SAFe practices
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentor / assist junior members of the team
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.) and associated scripts or manual instruction-based software installation / deployment
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on premise and cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team
= Knowledge of software design patterns
-Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash and knowledge with coding in Java
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting
Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
The role will be a ‘homeworking’, but may require extended periods on customer site or Leidos offices depending on engagement / business need. Local arrangements can be agreed with the portfolio director or delegate. You should hold or be eligible to gain UKIC DV.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.