Service Desk Analyst
Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!
We are in search of a Service Desk Analyst who will work with the UK CIO IT Service Desk, supporting the End to End management of Incidents and Service Requests reported by our users and achieving first time fix where possible. You will be required to escalate and liaise with other business units in order to resolve issues within the defined SLA.
- Central point of contact between our users and IT Services
- Management of Incidents and Service Requests
- Receive and record all calls from our users within our Ticket Management Tool
- Provide initial assessment of all Tickets, attempt first time resolution, and / or escalation
- Monitor and escalate Tickets according to our SLAs
- Keep users informed on status and progress of their Tickets
- Monitor the Service Desk Mailbox and Unassigned queue when assigned the task to ensure that emails and requests are actioned and responded to in a timely manner and adhere to any SLA’s set
- Call/Chat handling for all inbound customer contact to support new and existing Ticket Requests
- Complete additional tasks as defined by the Service Desk Management
- Be able to undertake any work on the desk and work to a high technical level
- Assist in creating new or updating existing documentation
- Log all Tickets and Service Requests reported via telephone, chat, email, or automatically generated
- Take ownership of specific Tickets, ensuring that they are monitored, tracked and updated accurately and concisely throughout their lifecycle
- Carry out initial support and classification of Tickets and Service Requests to determine the correct SLA / urgency
- Ensure that all telephone, chat and email requests are logged within the Ticket Management tool
- Complete investigation and diagnosis via the remote management tools available or via communication with the end user
- Resolve Tickets by implementing permanent fixes or work around to known errors
- Resolve Service Requests by following standard work instructions / processes
- Invoke appropriate Technical Escalation to ensure SLA is achieved
- Provide a Single Point of Contact (SPoC) to the user for Tickets, ensuring regular status updates are communicated to the customer
- Invoke Hierarchical Escalation as required
- Identify and report any potential Service Breach to the Service Desk Management
**This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required**
Soft Skills Required:
- Customer focused
- Analytical approach with good questioning & listening skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
- Confident and self-motivated with a positive can do attitude
- Team player
- Self-motivated with willingness to learn from colleagues
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Good working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure and system components
- Able to use own initiative to troubleshoot and find solutions to technical issues
**Training is continually delivered by Leidos and support provided to support technical growth and development**
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Rewrite your career with Leidos UK! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.