Salary - potential to increase with truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. https://www.leidos.com/company/global/uk-europe
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS & Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
We are looking for someone with a passion for Infrastructure, ideally from a Cloud background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving and technical challenges.
Skills / Tech Stack:
• Have excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure and their service offerings;
• Have an understanding of DevOps source control (Git etc);
• Have experience working with the Atlassian product suite;
• Have an understanding of DevOps tooling including Terraform & Ansible and experience using them to drive process automation, Infrastructure-as-Code implementation and security;
• Have excellent knowledge of Cloud Networking such as Security Groups, VPC, Virtual Networks, Firewalls;
• Have experience of containerisation concepts and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS);
• Be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
• Have experience working with Cloud monitoring tools, either native or third party;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies
• Have general knowledge of Linux operating systems and their maintenance;
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex tasks ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What We Do For You;
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – We work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.