Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Senior Automation Test Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer/Software Developer in Test with strong technical test automation background for our Testing capability in Farnborough. The Senior Automation Test Engineer will be working on supporting the BAU and Cloud projects to automate the functional testing for a wide range of changes and integrate into the DevOps pipeline, whilst at the same time, mentoring and guiding junior and new members of the team.
As a Senior Automation Test Engineer in Leidos, you will be immersed in one of our key programmes – transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud. On behalf of our central government customer, you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure.
What we need from you:
- Experience leading test automation effort with hands-on automation experience on complex applications with multiple integrations, utilising automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, REST Assured, Robot Framework, BDD or Junit
- Experience with Java or groovy programming
- Strong demonstrable experience of testing API’s/Webservices and using API testing tools such as SoapUI or Postman
- Strong experience with databases – comfortable querying multiple databases and tables using complex SQL queries
- Comfortable with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with using test stubs, mocking and simulator tools
- Good knowledge or experience of cloud platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Good knowledge and experience of DevOps tooling such as Bitbucket and Bamboo to integrate tests and schedule and run build jobs
- Ability to lead, mentor and guide junior and new members of the team
- Have excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls
- Have general knowledge of Microsoft Stack
- Experience with Agile, documentation and test management tooling such as Jira, Confluence, or TestRail
Clearance: Candidate must be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security, and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.