Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Middleware Engineer to support our central government customer by migrating mission critical legacy infrastructure to the AWS cloud in a large extended team of engineers and experts across a number of technical capabilities and areas of expertise. You will be a member of a cross skilled team that creates a safe, inclusive environment by encouraging people to speak freely, listen to people, and be an advocate for change and innovation.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Ability to work within a complex programme focusing on your area of responsibility but ensuring to keep the big picture in mind by building relationships within and outside the programme.
- Specifically, you will be part of a Service Operations team able to fully support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to Engineering governance/best practice.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience with a view to maintaining and developing configurations and solutions in a middleware and java application-based environment.
- Negotiate and agree change before managing and implementing it.
What does Leidos Need From Me?
- IBM Datapower
- Build and Configuration
- Build Automation
- IBM Websphere
- Application Server
- Business Process Server
- Enterprise Service Bus
- Service Registry and Repository
- IBM Rational
- NIST Data Exchange Principles
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.