Are you looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us on a permanent basis. We need talented individuals to apply their Data Engineering skills for solving problems with data across a number of critical UK sectors.
We are on a mission to ensure that Leidos stands out in what is becoming an increasingly popular marketplace. It means creative solutions to problems using innovative design implementation and testing of systems and services with a focus on scalability and sustainability.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
You will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Data Architect, Technical Leads and Senior Data Engineers to form an integral part of the Cloud Migration Team. Our team comprises of a blend of seasoned experts and intermediate level engineers. It is a great place to apply your skills and knowledge, learn from others and form one of the best performing teams in the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the Data Migration Lead, External Providers, and in-house Development Team to Design, Implement and Execute Data Migration Plans;
- Building, Maintaining and Operating Data Environments in the Cloud;
- Supporting Execution of Data Migrations;
- Supporting the Development of Data Migration, Data Integration and Data Processing processes;
- Supporting the creation of project plans and the identification of risks and dependencies.
What does Leidos Need From Me?
As a minimum you will have:
- Prior Developer or Data Engineering Experience;
- A Strong Background in SQL (Oracle or DB2 knowledge advantageous);
- Experience of configuring and using ETL platforms (ideally on AWS including DMS and SCT);
- Experience of setting up and administering AWS for Data Migration;
- Data Warehousing Skills;
- Experience of Building & Maintaining Data Pipelines;
- Experience of working in an Agile Development Environment;
- Experience of using the Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence);
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Python
- AWS Certification
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.