Head of Compliance
Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
We are looking for a Head of Compliance to join us.
Team Leidos, led by Leidos Europe Ltd, is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain -providing essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and procurement and inventory management of food, packed fuels, clothing, medical materiel and general supplies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build effective relationships with Customer, key subcontractors and industry experts across the Quality and Health & Safety disciplines
- Direct, develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Create a culture and environment in which quality, safety and continuous improvement are embedded at all levels within the organisation
- Empower staff to report quality and safety related concerns
- Lead the development and implementation of the a focused safety and improvement programme
- Influence, draft, modify and implement company policies
- Review and disseminate regulatory and contractual requirements across the business and wider stakeholders
- Managing the QSH&E compliance programme
- Conducting and overseeing internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that compliance procedures are followed
- Leading, conducting or directing the internal investigation of compliance issues
- Informing, educating, and training employees on matters that are associated with regulations and industry practices
- Evaluating business activities such as investments, to evaluate or assess compliance risk
- Coming up with effective plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Staying up-to-date with internal standards and business goals
- Working cooperatively with external auditors when needed
- Preparing appropriate compliance reports with senior management & regulatory agencies
- Discussing arising compliance issues with management or employees
- Ensuring and verifying that all regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Assess the business’s future opportunities to identify possible compliance risks
- Build effective relationships across Leidos UK and Mission Assurance Team
- Excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise, manage and direct large teams in multiple departments
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise important tasks over others
- Ability to motivate, coordinate and ensure proper time-management among reports
- Proven experience as Quality, Safety and/or Compliance manager (ideally 5+ Years)
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations within a highly regulated sector
- Relevant Quality and Safety qualifications (ISO9001, AS9100, ISO14001, ISO45001)
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos UK, where your most important work is ahead!
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.