Programme Finance Analyst
Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
Reporting to the Programme Financial Control Lead the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing programme financial control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programme. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting one of our major programmes in the National Security and Defence Division based in the South East of England. You will serve as a key member of the Programme team.
A broad range of financial and business acumen will be required for this position including a familiarity of business processes associated with Programme Control, Estimating, Financial Planning and Analysis and Overhead management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Responsible for the pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against the baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Support the validation of awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams
- You will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines. You will also take ownership of decisions made
- Strong background in general accounting, financial management
- Knowledge in pricing, estimating/cost modelling and proposal activities
- Government/MoD contract knowledge
- Professional accounting/finance qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA
- Knowledge of facilitating solutions collaboratively with customers and suppliers
- Team player but can also work independently and proactively
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Knowledge on open book contracts
- Good analytical skills, ability to problem solve and develop process improvements
- Good knowledge of Programme Operations
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with all levels of Internal and External Customers.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC HO
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.