Lead Network Engineer
Location: Skypark, Glasgow, UK
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are in search of a Lead Network Engineer to join Leidos UK within the CIO Team, based in Skypark, Glasgow, UK.
The CIO Network Team are responsible for the corporate network and firewall estate primarily in the UK plus EMEA as needed. The Lead Network Engineer will be a subject matter expert on LAN/WAN technologies, working a mix of project and business as usual. You will be an escalation point for complex technical problem solving whilst mentoring less experienced colleagues to deepen knowledge and skills within the team.
We work closely with the wider Leidos CIO team globally, collaborating, pooling knowledge and standardising technology where possible to help provide a consistent, high quality user experience from any location. We are looking for someone who can maintain and build on these relationships and always be looking for ways to improve our service and efficiency.
We have a number of projects in the pipeline for 2023 and you will be critical to their success. You will be comfortable working within certain parameters but also creating or adapting designs and solutions to the needs of the UK within our security frameworks and accreditation.”
What Sets You Apart:
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN and Data Centre environments, 3rd line support level including deployment, administration and troubleshooting to at least CCNP level
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of WAN connectivity and routing protocols also with experience and understanding of the implementation, configuration and management of virtual and physical networking solutions
- Focusing on secure accredited environments including security boundaries and rulesets
- Strong experience of planning complex changes and communicating plans with project management and wider team. This can come from integrating acquisitions, consolidating networks, changing IP addressing schemes etc.
- Hand on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing and IPSEC tunnels
- Hands on experience of load balancers and GSLB
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting VPC, VDC, BGP, EIGRP and other key mainstream protocols
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and autonomous working
- Design experience of network solutions and creation of high & low level designs
- Have the ability to tackle complex problems and incidents sometimes with limited detail
- Experience in ITIL ICT service delivery on critical infrastructure
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Keen interest in investigating and proposing new products and solutions as well as staying current by taking up training opportunities
- Experience working in global companies and ensuring global standards and requirements are met
- Ability and desire to help less experienced colleagues learn and develop
You Might Also Have:
- Hands on experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto firewalls
- Hands on experience in deploying and troubleshooting SDWAN
- Hands on experience of SDDC with NSX, VXLAN and virtual firewalls
- Experience or desire to learn automation techniques of network tasks
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
Innovate and create at Leidos UK! We have no shortage of challenging technical and research problems. Join the Leidos UK team and apply your talents to solve them...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.