Normal Change Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £73,000
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
You will be providing infrastructure and network changes as part of the Normal Change Team, owning and leading on a variety of infrastructure change tasks (projects).The preferred candidate will have a range of knowledge and experience in the administration of a services based on Cisco and Microsoft products, and be an expert on Microsoft Windows Server (including services such as AD, DNS, DHCP) and virtualisation (Hyper-V).
You will also have an understanding and interest in Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS) and a desire to learn (if required) additional complementary technologies such as Microsoft Stack Technologies (Sharepoint, SQL Server, Skype for Business / Teams), networking technologies and storage.
Normal Change Infrastructure Engineer will work alone or as part of a team depending on the size and complexity of the change task to deliver Infrastructure changes in a demanding environment.
Your Role and responsibilities;
* Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
* Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GPO from design to implementation and support;
* Have a strong working knowledge of Linux system administration skills (Ubuntu / CentOS);
*Have strong working knowledge of application packaging, integration and deployment;
* Have good general knowledge of TCP/IP and networking technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
* Have good general knowledge of Microsoft stack technologies such as SharePoint, Skype for Business / Teams, MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
* Have good general knowledge of SAN storage technologies;
* Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
* Possess excellent communication skills, ideally able to communicate technical issues to less technical staff and managers;
* Have experience in providing support to others, including Service Desk Analysts and Second Line Engineers.
* Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
Travel to other Leidos and customer sites will be required. Keeping an eye on the technology landscape is essential, too – identification of new and relevant technologies to solve problems and make improvements is part of the job. We believe innovation is the lifeblood of customer value – we are all catalysts for innovation and improvement and committed to continuous improvement in everything we do.
To work with our talented team and our customers you would need to be able to achieve a high level of security clearance.
The skill set you will need;
Excellent written and oral communication skills as the central point of contact for Deployed Service Delivery.
Experience of ITIL Service Management
Experience of software maintenance and support to include servers, workstations, laptops, network and peripheral devices.
Experience in the installation and configuration of Microsoft Server 2008, 2016 and 2019.
Experience in the installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 workstations.
Good knowledge of the configuration, maintenance and installation of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software applications.
Extensive knowledge of windows domain architectures, Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS.
Experience in application packaging, integration and deployment in SCCM
Experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of Enterprise Anti-Virus products.
Experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Experience of network setup and configuration.
Favorable If You Have;
ITIL Foundation Qualification.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Clearance Level Reqired
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.