Are you ready for a new challenge?
We currently have a vacancy for a Lead Automation Test Engineer working on a flagship programme, delivering large scale Cloud Transformation in the UK. The engineers will be responsible for development and maintenance of automation test scripts and test reporting using both industry standard automation test suites and custom developed frameworks within a fully operational test system. The testing process will follow an agile development and release process that supports critical customer mission goals in the area of National Security using manual and automated testing techniques and tools.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Work independently, or with a team of software and systems engineers; must be knowledgeable in industry-standard testing tools and methodologies.
- Edit, create, maintain, and debug automated test scripts written in languages such as Python, Java, C# etc. and assist with creation of test plans, procedures and reports detailing the test process and infrastructure to appropriately assess that products/deliverables meet defined requirements.
- Use custom built automated test tools and operate in a secure environment.
- Edit and run automated test scripts and create automated and manual test scripts for processes that are not yet automated.
- Maintain and enhance automated test scripts, as needed for applications in run & maintain.
- Establish the test approach and defect tracking workflow (primarily automated tests, augmented with manual tests when necessary) for multiple development scrum teams.
- Contribute to the scrum teams, participate in daily scrums, and be proactive on work tasks and obstacle resolution.
- Must be a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver that can operate with minimal supervision.
What Does Leidos Need from Me?
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Experience leading test automation and other testing aspects.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test Cases based on requirements and design documents.
- Strong Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g., Robot Automation, Katalon Studio, Selenium, SoapUI, Junit, DART, or similar).
- Agile workload management and bug tracking (e.g. Jira, BitBucket, or similar).
- Strong Experience of scripting and programming in current languages such as Python, Java, Assembly, etc.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience with SQL/PSQL querying.
- Experience working in a regulated environment testing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes.
- Performance testing and measurement of integrated systems.
- Knowledge of AWS or other public cloud.
- Organizing/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to Production deployment.
- Experience managing a team of testers.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Negative testing concepts and risk assessment reporting.
- Code equality scans (e.g., SonarQube).
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.