Development and Planning Manager
LCST Medical Transformation
Emersons Green, Bristol UK
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Medical Planning & Development Manager will lead a matrixed team from across Team Leidos (Leidos & partners) to deliver the effect of a dedicated Planning & Development cell, working as the fulcrum within operations, customer engagement and change/commissioning for the Defence Medical Supply Chain.
This cell will be the capacity, intelligence and data hub and “thought engine” for LCST Medical Support Services. As a result this cell will have the resource, information and SQEP to provide depth of supply intelligence to Defence Medical Services. Key areas of focus for this cell are:
• Monthly Medical Dashboard – data fusion of the medical operation from across LCST data sources. Providing a single view of medical performance for DMS.
• Maintenance of the Medical Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) – providing a single view of medical activity across projects, commissioning, re-lets and major programmes.
• Management of change, ILRs, VCRs, FCRs and SURs processes for DMS – delivering a single “lane” for these task to be executed unfettered by bottlenecks experienced today.
• Enabling agents for supplier innovation. Securing supplier commitment to change and innovations in order to further improve user experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Liaises with the MI team to ensure that medical MI requirements and submissions are in line with customer requirements and that submissions continue to evolve as required in line with our culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure the accuracy of, and update in line with agreed SLAs, medical IMS
- Enhance, produce and circulate regular management reporting, in line with agreed SLAs
- Ensure accuracy of data used to produce management reporting, and investigate/cleanse/rectify as required
- Respond quickly and accurately to ad hoc requests for data and/or reporting to support effective operations
- Engage with the Head of Medical Supply Chain and other senior managers in order to facilitate supplier innovations and improvement projects.
- Work with all relevant functions to understand and resolve data integrity issues, understand reporting requirements and enhancements required to improve effectiveness
- Supports other members of the Medical team in the creation, peer review, and publication of processes
- Manages medical capability risk submissions, suggesting new risk items and providing updates on status of existing risks.
- Adopt a culture of ‘continuous improvement’ to examine current reporting practices and data integrity with rigour, and proactively suggest improvements
The outcome of this role will be:
- Developing and Maintaining a single programmatic picture of medical activity including clear sight of Programme milestones, risks and dependencies
- Development of the medical Risk Register and associated processes and templates
- Development of medical Dependency Log and associated processes and templates
- Development of medical Change Log and associated processes and templates
- Coordination of all medical planning & development activity.
- GCE ‘O’ Levels or GCSE (grades A-C) in English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in producing and analysing business reporting and management information
- Experience in using data to respond to ad hoc business requests
- Knowledge of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Knowledge of Risk and Issue Management
- Knowledge of Change Management
You might also have:
- Degree level education or similar level of experience
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience providing Secretariat support to management committees or boards
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your CV with us today!
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who we are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.