UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
As the Domain Architect, you will be working as part of the engineering team supporting the Home Office Biometrics (HOB) Programme’s Strategic Central and Bureau Platforms. In particular you will be working on a number of changes and will be responsible for their solution, to ensure that each change appropriately integrates with the current mission critical legacy systems and meets the customer needs, including functionality, timescales and costs. You will be leading other engineering team members to ensure that the design is complete and ensuring that the lower level design work is consistent with your high level designs. As Domain Architect you will also have a role in supporting the Cloud migration activities, providing Domain expertise into the cloud migration team.
The Solution Architects provides leadership in terms of whole system solution, covering technical, service and process aspects. They make use of Subject Matter Experts and specialists to develop solutions that meet the customer requirements whilst engaging with engineering to ensure that solutions are deliverable and maintainable. Their responsibilities and accountability extends across contracted work (including Cloud Transformation) and on contract growth. The Associate Chief Engineer, Solution Architect, Service Architect and Programme Manager work in partnership to ensure a successful delivery.
Project Lead Architect
- Defining a technical solution that is acceptable to the client within the project constraints of cost, schedule and risk
- Production of high level designs that can be used by the engineering team to build a compliant solution
- Engaging with the Associate Chief Engineer to ensure that solutions are deliverable
- Represent the company on customer governance boards
- Be the point of contact for customer technical issues
- Accountable to the Associate Chief Engineer for the coherence of all system designs and technical proposals, ensuring they meet the specified contractual requirements.
- Accountable to the Project/Programme Manager for defining a solution that is deliverable within the cost, schedule, and quality constraints
- Accountable to the Functional Lead Architect for defining a solution that aligns with the project architecture, strategy, and roadmap
- Approve technical designs
- Engage with the customer to clarify requirements and how they can be met
- As a leader, you must encourage people to speak freely, create an environment of safety, listen to people, and be an advocate for positive change and innovation
- Ability to independently develop technical solutions to customer problems
- Provide overarching architectural guidance,
- Ability to working under pressure in large multi discipline teams to tight schedules
- Ability to lead architecture and engineering teams within the larger project
- Ability to engage with stakeholders from multiple areas of the business including product design, service design, operations and the customer
- Using excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in Design of Middleware platforms, Web Services and Enterprise Applications
- Good all-round technical knowledge of Linux and Windows environments and Application hosting
- Experience of networking technologies and security boundaries
- Broad knowledge of System Security and Defence in depth practices to enable close working with the Security team
- Knowledge of AWS or other public cloud technology
- Knowledge of Service management and ITIL to enable close working with the Service architect
- Experience with System and software modelling languages and frameworks such as TOGAF and SYSML
- Previous experience of creating solutions within a Mission critical or Business critical environment
- Experience in implementation and deployment of Biometric middleware platforms and Biometric matching engines.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering Biometric and Identity Management solutions
- Cloud migration experience
- Service Architecture design
- Knowledge of Agile delivery methods
- Broad knowledge of common system support and management tools such as logging, system monitoring, security monitoring, backups, PKI, DNS, AD etc.
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.