Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Leidos are currently seeking an Azure Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) for our Leidos Cloud and Engineering capability. The successful candidate will be joining one of the fastest growing tech companies in Scotland who currently are helping high profile clients migrate to Azure.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
Due to significant growth within our Cloud and Dev Ops community, and increased work demands for Leidos UK, the successful applicant will be working across multiple digital transformation programmes that support the frontline services within the UK.
Working as part of the product support team working directly for the Support Technical Lead and Chief Engineer, the SRE role is to ensure that a number of Azure based critical National Infrastructure applications continue to operate optimally and provide critical services to a number of our clients.
The role requires a full knowledge of Azure IaaS and PaaS systems deployments operating in a high availability, high resiliency configuration.
Patching and upgrade planning and implementation.
Operating, Updating and Evolving CICD pipelines and tooling.
Deployment control of new software releases to Production environments.
Low Level Design Creation and updating.
2nd and 3rd line support, including an on-call rota.
Outage planning and implementation.
System refinement and optimisation (including cost optimisation).
Incident management, Failover management and disaster recovery.
System Monitoring and in responding to metrics (eg scaling demands).
General housekeeping and maintenance.
Regular security and asset audits.
Act as Azure and reliability subjects matter expert in design working groups.
The successful candidate will be immersed across our key programmes – delivery of Command and Control systems for law enforcement. On behalf of our central customer you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure. The successful applicant will need to be eligible to undergo security clearance.
Your Role and Responsibilities
· IaaS, PaaS, Hybrid Cloud Experience
· Configuring Azure services and integrating into Azure AD. Leveraging PaaS services such as Azure Monitor, Sentinel, Backup to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
· CI/CD infrastructure pipelines operation and maintenance.
· Design, Build and Operate of service components.
· Producing and updating operational documentation such as Low Level designs and CMDBs.
· Planning and implementing patching schedules.
· Monitoring systems performance and taking appropriate remedial actions to counter issues.
· 2nd and 3rd Line support, including an on-call rota.
· Incident response and coordination.
· DevSecOps experience advantageous.
· Network engineering experience advantageous.
· Windows Server OS
· Linux based OS (RedHat, Ubuntu, Centos etc)
· Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira, JSD, BitBucket)
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.