Procurement and Tender Manager
Hybrid (Twice a month) – Bristol Office, UK
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We are looking for a Procurement and Tender Manager to join Leidos Supply Ltd. You will ensure that all electronic tendering activity is completed efficiently and compliantly, maximising functionality and benefits of the eProcurement system, and provides support and advice to other LSL team members and key stakeholders related to tender structure, process and compliance with all relevant regulations, including EU Regulations (Public Contract Regulations 2015).
Your Role and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all tendering activity for LSL is performed to the highest standards, conforms to PCR2015 regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures, maximises the full benefits of the eProcurement system, and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining fully compliant outcomes against agreed Category Strategies
- To proactively participate with the CSS Commercial, Category and Commodity teams to develop Category (tender) strategies and ensure these fully satisfy compliant requirements for tendering
- To work with the LSL Commercial team to support their drafting of tender documents and then manage the associated tendering process using the chosen eProcurement system up to Contract Award, including placing tender notices, running the full tender process, and facilitating a compliant evaluation and Contract Award
- Manage direct reports and prioritise to ensure that key deadlines are agreed in order to support delivery in line with agreed tender issue and award dates
- Support LSL Commercial in agreeing appropriate and compliant terms and conditions for all tenders, based on the approved master set
- Work with PGD to evolve terms and conditions where required, ensuring version control and compliance is retained and that all stakeholders approve any changes, liaising with LSL Legal Counsel as appropriate
- Lead Contract Approval Board (CAB) at stage 2 (tender documents).
- Support CAB at stage 1 (Category Strategy)
- Support CAB at stage 3 (Contract Award)
- Undertake eProcurement system and team administration as required.
- Maintain professional standards and provide expert tendering advice as well as legal/compliance support and advice to other CSS staff, stakeholders and customers
- To effectively manage the tender activity within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these
- Ensure appropriate MI is accurate, up to date, and submitted on time
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure compliance with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business
- Line management of 1 or 2 direct reports
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
- Procurement and tender management experience
- In depth knowledge of EU Regulations
- Detailed knowledge of eProcurement systems and/or ability to learn (leverage maximum benefit)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work as a member of a small team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and work flexibly
- CIPS Level 4 or above, public sector tendering knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of MoD procurement processes
- Process development and continuous improvement skills
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.