Location: Whiteley, Hampshire; or
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
Leidos UK is seeking a Procurement Officer. We are seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment covering routine and non-routine matters.
Under limited supervision, you will bring their procurement experience into the Procurement team and will be responsible for activities that span the entire procurement cycle –proposal, administration, compliance and risk management of supplier contracts across the UK business
Acquisitions will be in support of civil and defence new business proposals and current programmes. The successful candidate will be required to work with suppliers to support the UK business whilst following the procurement processes and procedures.
- Negotiates acquisitions of materials, software, services, and maintenance and support requirements
- Applies procurement knowledge to business requirements to support effective procurement approaches
- Creates moderate to complex RFP solicitations in accordance with Leidos requirements.
- Evaluates supplier proposal responses
- Conducts price and cost analysis
- Negotiates pricing and terms/conditions with suppliers
- Administers orders of various types and complexity
- Identifies and resolves moderate issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and make recommendations to management
- Analyse risks and identify risk mitigation
- Acts as primary interface between supplier and the business for all supplier related issues.
- Interacts with stakeholders as required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with supplier related issues of varying degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Support senior staff and management as directed
- Hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions
- Successful track record of managing a variety of procurements, interfacing with internal customers, other functional support staff, and suppliers.
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills.
- CIPS or studying for CIPS would be advantageous
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the bid and new business proposal phases of a programme.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Utilise your talents and gain new skills, we want to foster your growth. Apply today!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.