We are looking for a Performance Tester to join our growing software testing capability in Farnborough. The Performance Tester will be load and stress testing an integral backend system working with large synthetic and production dataset to ensure system performance complies with the performance requirements.
The Performance Tester will be fully immersed on to one of our key security programmes and will have the opportunity to be put through security clearance. In addition, the Performance Tester will be part of a team to help us deliver a large-scale systems integration programme that is critical to the overall UK infrastructure. Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC clearance.
Document comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
Work with architects and product owners to understand non-functional requirements.
Review non-functional requirements and develop corresponding Performance/Non-functional test scripts ensuring full coverage.
Define, build, Implement, and document robust, modular, and reusable non-functional and performance-testing framework.
Develop, execute, and maintain performance test scripts using JMeter, Apache ServiceMix and the DevOps pipeline
Execute different types of performance testing (e.g. Load, Stress, Soak) against On-Premises and Cloud architecture.
Analysis and performance test of complex and large volumes of data.
Carry out root-cause analysis and identify and log performance issues and bottlenecks.
Estimation, prioritisation, planning, and co-ordination of testing activities.
Track and monitor performance metrics.
Generate performance test reports for internal and external stakeholders.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?
- Strong performance testing experience of backend, API/WebServices applications.
- Hands-on Performance testing experience using various performance tools such as JMeter, Gatling, etc.
- Experience with using Apache ServiceMix.
- Java programming experience.
- Expertise in performance analysis and designing performance tests around load, stress, and soak testing.
- Knowledge in identifying bottlenecks and provide tuning suggestions.
- Experience and understanding of performance monitoring & diagnostic tools such as Splunk, physical architectural elements of complex systems.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries on multiple databases and tables.
- Experience using PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of messaging protocols and API technologies, such as WebMQ.
- Good knowledge of AIX or Linux/Unix Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls.
- Extensive experience and good understanding of structured test methods and processes.
- Strong experience of producing performance test reports.
- Experience with using test stubs, mocking and simulator tools.
- Experience of DevOps tooling such as Bitbucket and Bamboo to integrate performance tests and schedule and run build jobs.
- Ability to mentor and guide junior and new members of the team.
- Have excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Stack.
- Experience with Agile, documentation and test management tooling such as Jira, Confluence, or TestRail.
- Experience with Rational Performance Tester (RPT).
- Knowledge or experience of cloud platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.