Finance Administrator – Subcontractors
Location: Bedford or Whiteley, Fareham UK
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
Leidos requires an experienced Finance Administrator to manage our contractor costs. The defense division is a professional service organisation that supplements a large permanent employee base with contractors, representing circa £1.3m per month at present. This roles primarily purpose is to ensure they record time consistently to their allocated projects and suppliers invoice us accurately.
This is an exciting mixed role with opportunity for development and progression. The core role is finance based, journal posting, reconciliations and query resolution. We are looking for an individual with the capacity to take on the role and processes then add value through effective communication with the business. Working closely with the talent team, procurement and business managers the ability to influence is critical.
This role requires an engaged, detail orientated and experienced individual who can navigate the complexities of the Leidos business and its systems. The tasks below represent the full range of responsibilities within the remit.
- Timesheet administration
- Onboarding and training new contractors
- Setting administration and management
- Chasing for timesheet completions and approval
- Running timesheet process and booking into accounting systems
- Supplier invoice review
- Review supplier invoices against booked time and cost
- Investigate discrepancies with stakeholders and escalate to suppliers
- Provide periodic reports to suppliers
- Reconciliation & Accruals
- Reconcile the main contractor GL account
- Accrue period end missing costs
- Take ownership for all contractor IR35 reviews
- Challenge the business on assessments and escalate risks to managers
- Take on supervisory role of a junior to support or look for ways to automate, improve the process
- Proven track record in a similar finance role
- Understanding of basic accounting norms – double entry, general ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Great interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven record of working with and understanding ERP systems
- An accounting qualification – AAT, part qualified accountant
- Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Reporting and analytic tool experience
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Name your project at Leidos UK! We offer a wide variety of challenging projects that can be suited to your skills and growth aspirations...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.