Programme Finance Intern (Finance Placement Year)
Unleash Your Potential
As a member of the Programme Financial Control team you will be supporting our team across a wide ranging area of responsibility. You will have a mix of supporting activities working with our finance team, but also have real responsibilities working with non-finance stakeholders to deliver key financial metrics to the business.
This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our programme teams in the UK National Security & Defence Division, and will be in based Whiteley, Hampshire. This role will be a mix of in office and remote working.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos makes the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. We are leaders in using advanced technology to support government ministries, land, air and maritime forces, and border and security agencies globally.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Be a key member of Programme Finance Team, supporting Finance Business Partners across multiple programmes.
- Provide Programme financial metrics and reporting (e.g. weekly & monthly mgmt. internal reporting packs and external customer deliverables with a focus on both actual and future performance)
- Provide support to the monthly financial close cycle
- Support pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
What Sets You Apart:
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2024
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Working towards a 2:2 or higher in a finance/business related degree.
- High likelihood to obtain UK security clearance
- Available to start in July 2023 for minimum of 12 months.
You'll Also Have:
- A strong interest in a future career in Finance or Accounting
- Organised, thorough, with attention to detail and good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Proficient/strong in Microsoft office, in particular Excel
What Do We Do For You?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working
- A worthwhile experience with real responsibility
- Time to learn, develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
- These benefits are designed to support a Culture of Health and Happiness, Saving for your Future, Protecting your Income and enhancing your Lifestyle
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
For more information, visit https://ukcareers.leidos.com/
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.