Change & Release Manager
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world’s toughest problems. Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers’ needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
Because of a key strategic development and a new exciting business opportunity, we have a requirement for a security-cleared Change & Release Manager based in the UK working at our Farnborough site and remotely.
Leidos has more than 30 years’ experience of developing and running some of the largest government Biometric systems in the world. We are currently hiring to expand our UK based technical team who support our biometrics services for UK Govt.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
If you have biometrics or identity systems experience and want to learn more please apply for one of our vacancies. Come join our team and further develop your skills as we develop the system and grow the use of biometric modalities that include fingerprints, facial recognition, DNA and voice.
Being part of the Leidos team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies. We’re a passionate team and are committed to developing and growing our staff.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You'll be managing all of the change and release aspects of the programme to deliver robust governance, service continuity, flexibility and reliability for a customer with critical dataflow requirements, while ensuring adherence to the appropriate SLAs / KPIs and other customer requirements.
A change and release manager ensures that technical changes to IT services are adequately assessed for impact, prioritised, scheduled, authorised and implemented. They ensure this is done in line with processes and using appropriate tools. They chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
Your Role and Responsibilities;
* Chairing the Change Advwinisory Board (CAB).
* Managing the change and release aspects of a complex and operationally critical IT Service and Platform.
* Providing an escalation point for Change Management (CM) and Release Management (RM).
* Making decisions for all technical changes.
* Co-ordinating releases and interdependencies.
* Identifying and managing problems, risks, issues and the practicalities of normal change, standard change, and emergency change in a 24/7 organisation in order to meet our
customers’ expectations and ensure Leidos’ reputation as an organisation which delivers for its customers.
* Demonstrating a professional and proactive approach in customer communications in order to build strong relationships with a wide group of key customers.
* Leading by example in demonstrating a collaborative and transparent partnering approach with the customer group in support of Leidos’ long term goals and principles.
* Ensuring utilisation targets are hit with resources for which you are in control/manage
* Effectively leading, managing and motivating the on-site and remote teams to ensure a culture of focus, delivery and professionalism within which each member understands their role, responsibilities and is enthused to deliver their best work.
* Provide support to the operational and strategic management of this area of Leidos business including SME support to proposals for future work to benefit the customer.
WHO DO WE NEED?
We are looking for someone with excellent organisation, communication and leadership skills who has:
* Experience of managing sizeable application support contracts
* Experience of managing teams of highly qualified technical staff
* Worked within ITIL based framework, with experience of:
* Incident Management
* Problem Management
* Change Management
* Release Management
* Experience of monitoring service against agreed service levels
* Experience in reporting and analysing data to see trends
* Experience of asset and configuration management.
* Experience of availability and capacity management.
* You can work collaboratively in a group, actively networking with others. You can adapt feedback to ensure it’s effective and lasting. You can use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. You can identify issues through Agile ‘health checks’ with the team, and help to stimulate the right responses.
* You can identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance, and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
* You can show an awareness of the IT standard continuity management processes and procedures
* You can diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigate their causes and find resolutions.
* You can own an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved.
* You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems. You can effectively consult specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with its implementation. You can determine preventative measures.
* You can take inputs and establish coherent frameworks that work.
* You have a Level 3 service management framework qualification (ITILv3 Foundation Certified)
* You can identify and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence. You can understand and define research that fits user needs. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.