SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Director of Service is a role within the SES Services team with a focus on delivering “best in class” service. This role leads service activities of field service within the Europe, Middle East and Africa regions, to execute the vision and direction of the Leidos SES Service organization.
The Director Service must be a solutions oriented individual and have prior experience in building service management structures, processes and procedures that support a decentralized staff of field service managers, supervisors, technicians and admin personnel.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leadership, coaching and development of people. The position requires strong communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work staff.
The Director of Service will establish departmental goals and KPIs that align with overall SES Service business objectives and customer contract objectives.
The Director of Service will be a main point of contact and support for our customers and will demonstrate a strong focus on our customers and their needs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
·Drive Best in Class Service across all areas of Service and Service Delivery to outpace the competition and establish Leidos as the premier Service provider.
·Manage field service teams to consistently meet or exceed performance metrics & departmental KPIs (both internal and contractual)
- Manage field performance of the Leidos system fleet in region to ensure customer contract SLA’s and KPI’s are met and contract penalties eliminated.
·Drive increases in incremental revenue and identify cost containment opportunities within the Region.
·Ensure service contract profitability meets or exceeds established financial targets.
- Work closely with Service Program management to develop the business through contract and tender preparation, negotiation and pre-sales support.
- Effectively manage all service contracts and partnerships with CDR’s and Leidos authorized service providers
- Responsible for driving customer satisfaction within the EMEA territory. Works closely with other Leidos functional organizations to assist in providing robust customer solutions, while providing integral feedback of customer service requirements.
·Manage critical account escalation.
- Analyze, triage, and implement corrective actions without delay to proactively resolve service delivery gaps.
- Drive reliability and improvement of equipment performance across field teams through proper preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance procedures and processes.
- Continuously innovate and improve processes, drive down costs and delivery time.
·Monitor training and development of service teams. Ensure all service managers are properly mamanging field staff training on all equipment within region and a robust schedule is place to facilitate training of all required staff.
·Ensure service managers are aligned on priorities, goals and objectives.
·Ensure ownership and accountability of all service managers key job assignments and duties.
- Ensure service management teams apply proper process and procedures to all service related activities.
- Ensure service managers hold service staff accountable and measure performance across all areas of service staff core responsibilities.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships at airports, government facilities and commercial customers
- Maintain, augment and create processes, standard operating procedures, and controls to ensure projects,and services are delivered on time, on budget, and with quality. Create a reporting cadence and structure that is sustainable, scalable, and efficient to manage deliverables for our business and our customers.
- Provide professional direction, coaching and support to service management staff.
- Able to create, manage and report on resource capacity/utilization, and create proactive trigger points for resource augmentation with internal/external partners.
- Lead and present as a member of the Leidos SES Service management team at onsite meetings, training sessions, project kick-offs and other engagements with customers.
- Collaborate with HR for talent recruitment, interviewing, and selection of the best fit candidates
- Other duties as required
- BS/BA in engineering, business administration or other related field is a must. MBA is a plus.
·Minimum 5 years in a Sr Management level or higher position, acting in a Service management
·or Service operations role.
·Proven customer relationship management experience.
- Individual shall possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Timely submission of required documentation is essential. A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork is required. Must be responsive to all customer issues during non standard work hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays. Must be willing and able to travel at short notice. Must have a strong finance skillset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with internal and external customers
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers is essential
- Ambitious, transparent, hard-working, result oriented, team player with effective communication and strong leadership skills
- Strong background in Security Screening Equipment and Explosive Detections Systems a plus.
- Knowledge and use of ERP and CRM systems a must.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Project, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Advanced excel skills a must.
- Strong ability to manage in a matrix organization, understanding regional needs, tracking P&L and reporting to senior management
- Interpersonal savvy in prioritizing customer needs with effective business decisions
- Personal sense of integrity and trust
- Effective time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to translate data into actionable information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work environment is typically considered to be a home office, corporate office or a customer site.
- Typical travel requirement is between 25%-30% to support field staff and customer relationships.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.