EMEA Payroll & Compliance Coordinator
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
An opportunity has arisen for an EMEA Payroll & Compliance Coordinator to join this global company. The role would suit someone with at least four years of experience processing payrolls in companies with 1,200-2,200 employees.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
The Role You Will Play:
As the EMEA Payroll & Compliance Coordinator, you will support the UK Payroll Manager in optimizing payroll system configuration to ensure accurate and timely payroll delivery & tax compliance for employees currently based across Europe & UK. This is an exciting role with the ability to take on additional payrolls in Europe as business continues to expand.
We are looking for someone who is “solution-focused” and experienced in working under pressure to meet strict deadlines and business requirements. The successful candidate must be a quick learner, flexible, and be able to adapt quickly to the Company, culture and environment.
- Responsible for end-to-end monthly payroll processing for multiple EMEA countries (UK, Ireland, Belgium, Turkey & India).
- Assist the UK Payroll Manager in setting up local or shadow payrolls in foreign countries throughout Europe as needed for UK nationals; while ensuring full compliance to local labour and tax law
- Process local & shadow/modified payroll for expatriate employees.
- Coordination of Taxes/Social Charges, Pensions, and Insurance payments.
- Work with Payroll Manager to ensure all statutory reporting requirements relating to monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll-related tax and social charges.
- Work with outsourced providers to complete all non-UK payroll tax filings and payments.
- Arrange payment of wages (where applicable), taxes and social securities. Respond to HR and employee queries arising on supported payrolls.
- Provide day-to-day advice to Line Managers and Employees on general Payroll related queries.
- Conduct independent analysis to resolve Payroll related issues by breaking down problems and analysing data and information to provide insights and recommendations for process improvements.
- Develop strong working relationships with external payroll vendors and internal departments such as HR & Finance.
- Support the Payroll manager with ad hoc projects as they appear.
- Liaising and working closely with the outsourced payroll & tax vendors
- Identify emerging process issues and trends to inform stakeholders involved in decision-making.
- Review and update desktop procedure documents where applicable.
- Understand manual pay calculations and be able to pro-rate base salary and other allowances.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to support all internal and external audits relating to payroll to ensure that systems have been appropriately configured to handle all gross to net calculations
- Managing payroll inbox and ensuring all emails are replied to in time manner and to agreed SLA’s
- Preparation of accurate funding reconciliations and instructions to provide to Finance to arrange payroll funding promptly, in alignment with bank cut-off dates and times.
- Ensure new starters, leavers, and changes to standing and variable data are accurately recorded, managed and processed through the relevant payroll.
- Calculate statutory payment (SSP, SMP) and average holiday pay for the payroll.
- Working with the Payroll Manager, complete year-end payroll processes, including issuing P60s and P11ds
- Collate information and send reports to finance.
- EMEA & UK Payroll experience is essential
- Experience in processing payroll
- Experience with the HRIS Workday and ADP iHCM2 is preferred
- Be able, independently, to learn and research new local country payroll requirements
- Strong excel knowledge, as using pivot and VLOOKUP’s functions, is essential.
- Be flexible and able to work using own initiative
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education is preferred
- Have a strong understanding of employee benefits, including salary sacrifice, as they relate to payroll withholdings and pension schemes
- Strong benefit in kind processing experience (P11D & Payrolling)
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Take control of your career, send us your CV today...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.