Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK
Join our UK Team who are committed to a Mission!..
We are looking for a Procurement Officer within newly established Leidos Europe subsidiary, Leidos Supply Ltd, part of the Commodity Support Services (CSS) team within Team Leidos. Providing commercial support and advice to both team members and other stakeholders through the letting and management of contracts.
Ensuring that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all commercial work and further the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
You will be a member of Leidos Supply Ltd within Team Leidos and as such may operate within any of the main Commodity teams (Clothing; Food; Medical Equipment and Consumables; Oils, Lubricants and Gases; General Supplies)
- You will ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- You will proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements.
- You will need to draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- Your role is to negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- You will undertake contract/team administration as required.
- You'll maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- Your role is to effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- You will assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- You will ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- You will continue your Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- You will perform effective contract management obligations on time and within budget.
- Meet Contract Letting Plan targets delivering or exceeding agreed savings against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- 100% compliance with Leidos policies and procedures.
What does Leidos need from me:
- Business/procurement/contracting experience.
Favourable if you have:
- CIPS Level 4 or above,
- Public sector contracting knowledge and experience (including application of EU Regulations)
- Knowledge of MoD procurement processes.
- Experience of using e-procurement tools.
You will be good at:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full Driving Licence Desirable to facilitate supplier visits.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.