UK Intelligence & Security
As a NS&D Intel Portfolio Systems Engineer you will be required to support the UK Intelligence & Security Campaign. The successful candidate will support the business in pursuing and successfully delivering a number of customer engagement opportunities and internal activities. The successful candidate will have experience of working within the National Security (Home Office, UKIC, Policing, NCA), and/or Defence (Defence Intelligence, Offence Cyber, Defence Digital) sectors.
Leidos are seeking a Systems Engineer with in depth experience of systems engineering, from complex tangible systems to soft systems. The successful candidate will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer on a complex programmes, including integrating deliveries from suppliers through to defining and overseeing acceptance activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to better ascertain their problem space and identify how and where Systems Engineering can be implemented to meet the customer’s needs. The successful candidate will be expected to have a customer centric mind set, but take an active interest in developing an understanding of wider capabilities across the organisation, which would enable reach back from all viable sources, where beneficial to the client.
Your Role and Responsibilities;
· Working with both operational and non-operational stakeholders, technology suppliers and architects to define system of system level requirements
· Elicit, analyse, define and manage requirements at all levels, from system of system requirements through to allocation of requirements to lower level services, conducting technical derivation analysis as required
· Identify gaps in capability and develop strong cases for change.
· Modelling of functional requirements and scenarios inside of MBSE and architectural framework approaches
· Capturing of functional and non-functional requirements within appropriate tooling
· Managing compliance assessments at systems of systems, system and lower level systems & services levels
· Producing and reviewing detailed engineering artefacts
· Delivering milestone technical reviews and the associated work product deliverables
· Defining architectural solutions comprising multiple underpinning COTS and bespoke designs and driving the competitive selection of these technologies
· Modelling operational, business and system behaviours within architectural views
· Conducting cost/benefit/technical trade studies
· Identify stakeholders and analyse their perspectives and needs
· Work with team members to develop solutions to business problems, including the development of ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ business operating models.
· Develop and manage benefits and associated metrics, based on business needs and proposed solutions
Support acceptance testing
Skills Required / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience, or a Doctorate and at least 10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
· At least three (3) years of experience designing and developing large integrated classified systems.
· Must have demonstrated experience in several of the following areas: system architecture, design, and development, requirements analysis, data flow design/analysis, network design/implementation, testing, technical system documentation.
· Must have experience leading engineering or development teams.
· Must have experience developing bids and presenting to senior stakeholders.
· Must have experience analysing user requirements, system architecture, and/or system requirements specifications.
· Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
· Must have software development or shell scripting experience.
· Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
· Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
· Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices
· Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
· Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
Favorable If You Have;
· Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
· Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
· Experience with technical documentation development.
· Past Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus
The role will be 100% site based at the Leidos UK Farnborough facility, some travel may be required to customer site or other Leidos offices depending on engagement / business need. Local arrangements can be agreed with the portfolio director or delegate.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.