Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Home Based, UK
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join our Cyber Information Services team. In this role, you will work within the Security Platform Engineering and Operations organisation supporting various security aspects of Leidos enterprise and line of business cloud initiatives.
The role focuses on developing and implementing Leidos’ cloud defense strategy and balancing customer needs with security best practices. You will be expected to provide technical cybersecurity subject matter expertise spanning AWS, Azure, and Google infrastructure.
Activities of this team include writing concept of operations (CONOPS), detailed design and deployment documentation for new capabilities and services, implementation of solutions, and supporting the on-going operations of cloud security solutions. Typical workflows range from individual tasks, leading small-scale projects, and participating in multi-disciplinary, multi-team projects to help Leidos meet its technology and security goals.
- Work on a team of motivated security engineers in designing, building, and deploying security capabilities for protecting Leidos cloud-based systems, networks, and information stores.
- Act as a Cloud technical cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert (SME) to meet current and future security design, and architecture requirements for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS implementations.
- Provide expertise regarding cloud providers’ capabilities, APIs, and shared security models.
- Work closely with engineering team members across infrastructure teams and outside vendors to ensure that features and capabilities are delivered on-schedule and operated according to corporate service level agreements.
- Work closely with the cloud management and platform security teams to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Work closely with the Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Centre to ensure the cloud security solutions are meeting the requirements for security event investigations.
- Participate in enterprise projects and advocate security, architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Develop documentation as in system design, concept of operations and architecture diagrams.
- Develop cloud security technical roadmaps to drive constant cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ defence posture.
- Bachelor's Degree and substantial relevant experience, including experience in an enterprise security or infrastructure engineering role. Additional relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- UK citizenship is required and eligible for Security Check (SC) clearance.
- Demonstrated experience deploying/operating cloud security enterprise technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with the capabilities and APIs of one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, or Google). Strong emphasis on Azure IaaS.
- Demonstrated experience managing identities between on-prem and cloud.
- Demonstrated experience managing, securing, and deploying Microsoft / Azure Business-to-Business (B2B) connections.
- Demonstrated experience managing, securing, and deploying Azure Management Groups, Resource Groups, Subscriptions, and other common Azure services.
- Fundamental understanding of networks and network protocols, TCP/IP, and common application layer protocols, on premises and cloud.
- Foundational understanding of Cloud and off-premises security best practices.
- Strong communication skills: person in this role must be able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals certifications.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with any, or multiple, of the following qualifications:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Networking
- AWS Certified Security Specialty
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect
- Experience within common enterprise cloud applications SaaS (M365, etc.)
- Experience maintaining cloud access security broker (CASB) solutions.
- Experience managing multi-factor authentication for SaaS applications.
- Experience obtaining and centralizing cloud audit data and associated capabilities.
- Experience in programming and/or scripting desired.
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS.
- Experience with PKI.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Fundamental knowledge of Leidos corporate IT (CIOS) services, capabilities, and offerings.
- Experience with common Customer Service Management (CSM) tools (ServiceNow, Remedy, Salesforce).
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.