Supply Chain Officer
Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK / Hybrid (once a week in office)
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
The Supply Chain Officer (Medical) role sits within Leidos Europe subsidiary, Leidos Supply Ltd, part of the Commodity Support Services (CSS) team within Team Leidos. Conducting receipting and proof of delivery procedures and providing compliance and governance support and advice to CSS team members and other stakeholders through the evaluation, placing and compliance of converting purchase requisition to purchase orders and submitting to supplier, ensuring all related documentation is provided to satisfy 3 Way Match (3WM), purchase order needs to match the invoice and the receipt.
Ensure that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all Purchasing work and support the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
The roles report to the relevant LSL Commercial teams, with primary accountability for 3WM and paying suppliers in a timely manner. The post holder is a member of Leidos Supply Ltd and as such may operate within any of the Commodity teams - Clothing; Food; Medical Equipment and Consumables; Oils, Lubricants and Gases; or General Supplies - with prioritisation of activity in order to ensure 3WM is processed in a timely manner (measured by an invoice report that contains all supplier invoices that have been entered in the system) and that Suppliers are paid in line with contractual obligations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all supplier compliance activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to Leidos Policies and where applicable EU Procurement Regulations Procedures;
- To proactively participate in ensuring accurate data is entered in the Leidos Sage System;
- To ensure compliance against each purchase order placed for both ‘Off Contract and On Contract’;
- Ensuring Proof of Delivery is obtained for all purchase orders to comply to the 3 Way Match obligations;
- Undertake administration as required, including providing data for the LSL data room;
- Maintain professional standards and provide support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers;
- To effectively manage the receipting of purchase orders within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both suppliers, customer and colleagues where necessary;
- Where required, ensure Receipting MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time;
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation;
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure maximise contribution to the business;
- Medical area only – working under the direction of LSL Commercial and working with Customer stakeholders as required
- Support LCST Responsible Persons to ensure compliance with Good Distribution Practice (GDP) activities, where applicable.
What Does Leidos Need From Me?
- Ability to manager purchase invoices queries in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations – no incidences of legal claims or disputes;
- Effective and timely resolution of purchase invoice queries to ensure continuity of supply to support business operations (management of dues out);
- Ability to provide Sage reports when requested to support business needs and MI;
- Verification and validation against the accuracy of the purchase requests provided by CSS team;
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the Purchasing, Supplier Compliance & Integration team and the wider CSS team
- Clearance to start: BPSS
- Clearance for the role: BPSS
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance. We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
Contributory Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who we are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.