Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are in search of a Purchasing Officer to join the newly established Leidos Europe subsidiary, Leidos Supply Ltd, part of the Commodity Support Services (CSS) team within Team Leidos.
Conducting purchasing procedures and providing compliance advice to CSS team members and other stakeholders through the evaluation, placing and compliance of converting purchase requisition to purchase orders and submitting to supplier, ensuring all related documentation is provided to the LSL analyst team for order completion to satisfy 3 Way Match.
Ensuring that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all Purchasing work and support the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
You will be a valued member of Leidos Supply Ltd within Team Leidos and as such may operate within any of the main Commodity teams (Clothing; Food; Medical Equipment and Consumables; Oils, Lubricants and Gases; General Supplies)
- To ensure that all purchasing activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to Leidos Policies and where applicable EU Procurement Regulations Procedures
- To proactively participate in ensuring accurate data is entered in the Leidos Sage System.
- To develop and issue purchase orders against the LSL SOP’s and associated procurement process
- To ensure compliance against each purchase order placed for both ‘Off Contract and On Contract’
- Undertake purchase administration as required, including providing data for the LSL data room
- Maintain professional standards and provide purchasing support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the purchase orders within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both suppliers, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- Where required, ensure Purchasing MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure maximise contribution to the business.
- Manage self iaw Leidos HR policies
- Trained in, and fully observant of, Good Distribution Practice (GDP) obligations and best practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Full Driving Licence Desirable to facilitate supplier visits
- Business/procurement/contracting experience
- CIPS Level 4 or currently working within Leidos Supply
- Experience of using SAGE Procure to Pay software
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
Discover, inspire, and grow with Leidos UK. Apply today!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.