Technical Project Manager – IS Change
Programme Name: LCST
Location: Bristol, UK
Explore and Discover what it’s like working for Leidos…
Want to be involved in shaping and defining the future of your post and role? Have experience of Agile and Waterfall project Delivery? Have you worked alongside or integrated with an Information Services (IS) run department to matrix manage the delivery of change and projects? Have you experience of Agile SCRUM methodology and successful integration into departments and business? Fancy bringing fresh ideas for how things can be done differently? The LCST Technical Project Manager (IS Change) role is perfect for you!!
The LCST IS department is the back bone of a £6Bn programme ensuring the continued running and delivery of critical services to Defence and Front Line Commands (FLCs). The department continues to grow ensuring that it evolves and matures to deliver to the changing needs and demands of our Defence partners. Project delivery and change management are fundamental to the success of the IS department and an ever growing scope of internal change requests alongside those from the customer need to be successfully scoped, managed, resourced and executed to maintain our output.
The Technical Project Manager (IS Change) will be an integral figure in the shaping, maturing & execution of new ways of working to ensure that IS continue to execute change whilst maintaining the operational output of current IS systems. You will work alongside senior IS Heads of function negotiating and agreeing a way of working which will then be integrated and embedded within the organisation.
- Lead the delivery, management and integration of new Commissioning Management Organisation (CMO) Changes into the IS department.
- Lead the management, coordination and integration of a new delivery approach (possibly Agile) to enable the realisation and execution of new change/projects within IS.
- Undertake a Scrum Master type role (A full Agile approach has not yet been defined or agreed and will be part of the role responsibilities) for the integration and delivery of change activity within IS.
- Responsible for the integration and management of Jira workflows and Kanban boards to ensure IS and PMO activities are aligned and delivered.
- Responsible for supporting Business Analysts with the pre-commissioning (requirement definition and creation) cross-partner communication and collaboration for IS.
- Responsible for the integration and delivery of Roadmap activity for IS.
- Responsible for the integration and cross-collaboration with the Change Management team, covering responsibilities on an as required basis.
- Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or task work packages.
- Proven track record in successfully delivering within an Agile project environment.
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 5 years) in Project Management.
- Experience of working with Jira and Jira workflows.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of IS principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.