Quality Assurance Advisor
Location: The role will be home-based with some travel required.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are seeking a UK-based Quality Assurance (QA) Advisor who is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. You will be a dedicated resource to the Logistics Division working on the Ministry of Defence Logistics, Commodities and Services Transformation (LCST) Programme.
Reporting to the UK QE&C Manager, the QA Advisor will oversee independent Quality Assurance activities required on appointed programmes, acting as the first point of contact for Quality Assurance issues.
Duties and Responsibiltiies:
You will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Reviews project procedures
- Conducts reviews of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and work products
- Conducts and reports on internal process audits
- Support and conduct Internal programme audits for ISO and LCST standards
- Support the audit surveillance activities conducted on key subcontractors and suppliers
- Collects and reports performance metrics (e.g. KPI’s)
- Reviews the results of metrics analysis to determine whether additional process audits are needed
- Input into Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) and annual review of QAP
- Test Witnessing (sampling)
- Overview of Peer review (sampling)
- Supports Quality Control (QC) activities, as required
- Provides support to the UK QE&C Manager
- Provides support to the LCST Programme Compliance Manager
- Provides inputs to the UK QE&C Manager for reporting performance standards summary of the Monthly Operating Report
- Provides inputs to the LCST Programme Compliance Manager for reporting cross programme audit and assurance activities for the LCST Quality Working Group and Internal Compliance Working Group.
- Executes Quality Control activities in accordance with the QAP and LCST Quality Management Plan.
- Requirement Escapes for overdue or rejected CDRL’s or non-conforming product/service on relevant programmes
- Implements root-cause analysis and improvement activities
- Works closely with the Programme Manager, management team, and quality team to identify quality issues and resolutions and develop and review corrective action plans
- Internal programme audits for ISO standards and LCST contracted policies.
- Providing training and awareness of the QMS to programme staff
- Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
- All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
- Quality assurance and control experience in a logistics or software development environment
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- UK citizenship
- Willingness to achieve DV clearance
- Willing to travel
Desirable Skills Required:
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Jira, Confluence
- Active SC security clearance
- Agile development experience/knowledge
- Experience of developing and implementing processes
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Experience of Internal, external and supplier auditing
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Innovate and create at Leidos UK! We have no shortage of challenging technical and research problems. Join the Leidos UK team and apply your talents to solve them.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.