Location: UK Mobile Worker
Leidos are currently seeking an Application Architect to work as part of one of our Engineering Teams supporting one of our Government clients. The outstanding candidate will have a proven track record of delivering Architectural Solutions in the Application Domain to UK Government Customers. You will be working alongside our Customer, Infrastructure and Solution Architects & SMEs to deliver technical solutions to our client.
As an Application Architect you will be responsible for defining technical solutions in response to customer requirements. You will work with other architects, software developers, systems engineers and project managers to plan, create and implement application solutions that meet our clients business needs.
The Application Architect will possess a strong understanding of cloud technologies, programming languages and software development platforms and will input into high-level and low-level design documents, ensuring designs conform to solution design, security standards and industry best practices.
The Application Architect will work with other Architects on the overall technical vision and high-level design for a particular solution, finding the best technical solutions to solve business problems. You will participate in architecture governance forums, ensuring all architecture activities and deliverables are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies, and strategies. You will work closely with the client to agree and sign off on design deliverables and provide specialist advice, guidance and expertise.
What will you be doing?
- Creating high-level application and integration solution designs.
- Conducting system architecture evaluations to define target state architectures and transitional roadmaps.
- Ensuring solutions are integrated with existing applications through APIs and integrations.
- Performing Technical Design Reviews; ensuring designs conform to solution design, security standards, industry best practices and non-functional requirements.
- Participating in architecture governance, presenting solutions for wider review and approval.
- Peer reviewing solution designs from other architects.
- Identifying technologies that can be leveraged to add value to the business.
- Contributing to application and integration strategies through collaboration with enterprise architects.
- Modelling architectures using the TOGAF meta model within an architecture modelling tool.
What do we need from you?
- Experience of impact assessing Change Requests and understanding the ‘as-is’ architecture and ‘to-be’ solution vision.
- Ability to input into high-level and low-level solution designs from an application perspective.
- Experience of working with both internal engineers and client technical teams.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence other key stakeholders (business stakeholders, technical architects, software developers, third party suppliers) to reconcile technical and business considerations to arrive at the optimal solution.
- A solid understanding of Linux and Windows environments for application hosting.
- Experience of AWS Application Hosting and AWS Application Integration Services.
- Experience of designing both on-premise and AWS based solutions.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies such as CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code, DevOps etc.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important and the ability to communicate with team members of all technical backgrounds.
- Ability to understand the client's needs and goals for the software you're developing or applications you are selecting to meet a particular business requirement.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at one time, planning and prioritising accordingly and calling on different technical resources to help meet the requirements of each project.
- Possess problem-solving skills to test applications, identify errors and come up with solutions.
Due to the nature of the work, the individual must be a UK National and have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:07/17/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.