Location: Farnborough - hybrid working, office & site visits
Leidos have a requirement for a Network Engineer to form an integral part of the existing Networking Team, working alongside more Senior Network Engineers supporting the network for one of our clients on a large Government IT project.
This role requires someone to support ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the network, in addition to several hardware and software additions and installations as part of an on-going improvement program.
What will I be doing:
The Network Engineer will form part of an Agile Scrum Team, working collaboratively with other Engineers and Project Managers to complete incremental deliverables in-line with project roadmaps.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work on key adjacent technologies such as virtual networking in hypervisors and public clouds, crypto overlays (including common government and external secure), firewalling, load balancing, and other network integrated aspects.
You will be coached and guided by the more experienced members of the team, growing your skills and competencies to enable you to further grow your career within Leidos.
Your initial tasks will be on a single functional element within the program allowing you to fully understand the network elements of the solution with a view to providing out of hours support when proficient.
Leidos will provide you with Hybrid working with a mix between home working and office and site visits. There may be frequent visits to our sites in and around the Farnborough area, especially within the first few months of joining the company to enable a greater understanding of the datacenter and all the infrastructure and network components therein. We also would encourage our more junior engineers to attend the office frequently to be buddied up with more senior engineers.
- As a member of the Network Team, you will complete tasks as directed by the senior network engineer on the account within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with the Project Management Team for network related changes.
- Collaborate with the Security Team to incorporate proportional and appropriate security into all aspects of network delivery solution implementation.
- Remotely access the network to support and monitor the network and its virtual components in addition to providing on-site support for on-premise, network related activities.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Understanding and working knowledge of general networking design, technologies and adjacent aspects across LAN, WAN, Data Centre and cloud scenarios.
- Knowledge and exposure across a range of networking vendors and their technologies, including Cisco, Juniper, F5 and Palo-Alto.
- You should have existing knowledge and demonstrable experience across large-scale public-sector UK networks, including an understanding of security gateways and associated overlays.
- Broad stroke experience of the UK networking market, with experience across a breath of carriers which might include MPLS, routing protocols, VPLS, Ethernet and Dark Fibre.
- High level formal vendor qualifications (Professional Level) are desirable but not required.
- Experience of common deployment patterns, including infrastructure solutions to support secure and resilient multi-site applications, and secure single and multi-tenanted virtual environments within private and public clouds;
- Must have or be capable of achieving SC clearance as a minimum; potentially required to undergo DV if not already holding it.
- You must be customer-centric, proactive, able to work with others on problem troubleshooting, working through to a resolution; have good problem solving skills; a flexible approach to working, and be able to identify & suggest/implement process improvements.
In order to be successful in this position we are looking for those with the additional people skills:
- Aware of the need to collaborate with the team and represent users/customer needs towards a shared goal.
- Can contribute to the generation of new ideas and may think creatively on new ways to approach tasks.
- Have the confidence to contribute to team meetings and feedback information that may be relative to individual tasks or situations.
- Identify, focus on and contribute to achieving own personal development opportunities
This position requires the individual to be a UK National and able to obtain an SC clearance and the role may require frequent visits to site.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:07/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.