Deputy Facility Security Officer
We’re ready for you to unleash your potential!
We are seeking an ambitious Deputy Facility Security Officer to join our Leidos Security Team. The incumbent will support, and as necessary deputise for, the Facility Security Officer in developing and implementing on-site security protocols to ensure compliance with Customer security frameworks and maintenance of appropriate accreditations and certifications.
You will support the development and implementation of security policy and procedures to meet the requirements of Company and Customer security policy and security legislation
- Interpreting and effectively implementing contractual security requirements
- You will act as a point of contact for all staff and contractors for contract specific and general security enquiries ensuring they are dealt with effectively and efficiently taking into account the relevant policies, compliance obligations and legislation
- Assist in physical security reviews and risk assessments
- Operate on-site physical security systems and security furniture
- You will manage assets including monthly muster, control of assets, receipt, movement and destruction and disposal
- You will be required to develop and deliver security education and awareness initiatives including company and project security inductions
- Ensure security risks are effectively managed by conducting rigorous routine and ad-hoc checks and ensuring ongoing protective security controls are applied throughout the facility
- Investigate reported security incidents and providing verbal and written reports as required
- Implement effective project joiners and leavers security processes
- Attend project status meetings/stand-ups to remain current with project activities, identify project security requirements, risks and issues and deliver and reinforce security messaging
- Establish relationships and effectively liaising with local security authorities, regulatory bodies and other interested parties
- You will support the preparation of the business for and participating in external audits
- Participate in the on-call out of hours as part of the Leidos UK Security on-call rota
- Provide physical security support to other Leidos UK facilities as required
- Experience working within the Defence Industry and/or military background
- Ideally have worked in a similar role previously, such as a Security Controller
- Due to the nature of the work undertaken by Leidos UK the incumbent must be a British national with 5 years residency in the UK
Clearance to Start: SC
Clearance for Role: DV
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.