Senior Desktop Support Technician
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are looking for an experienced Senior Desktop Support Technician to join the team.
Based in our Farnborough office in Hampshire, UK, you would be responsible for providing 2nd line day to day desktop support (both software and hardware), plus supporting our remote users based around the UK; ensuring problems are handled in a timely and efficient manner, whilst maintaining high customer service standards.
You will be the focal point for a small team of junior engineers providing day to day management of work duties. They will bring a wealth of experience from previously holding a senior team member role within a large technical support team.
Working for Leidos gives you the opportunity to be part of a culture that welcomes collaboration and rewards innovation. You will embark on a journey where commitment to the business, your colleagues and our customers are at the forefront of everything you do.
- Investigating issues logged by users on the helpdesk.
- Ensure the end user is updated with progress via the appropriate communication method and the helpdesk tickets are furnished with notes / progress.
- Ensure helpdesk tickets are prioritised based on business impact and are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Escalate support incidents when necessary and in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Identify common issues and investigate / implement long term fixes, rather than piecemeal ‘workarounds’.
- Ensuring that standards and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the team are operating within guidelines, meeting SLA’s and completing work to a high standard in a timely fashion.
- Daily maintenance including backup checks and reporting
- Ensure that Infrastructure Services standards and procedures are followed i.e. backups are checked and reported on daily and issues identified are investigated.
- Perform user account management as part of the starter / leaver process
- Perform account creation and deletion tasks as required; ensuring that standards and procedures are followed.
- Contribution to CIO Services documentation and information repository
- Continuously adding new articles / information to the Infrastructure Services documentation and information repository and updating existing information as necessary over time.
- Support and assist with Infrastructure Services projects when called upon
- Ensure software licensing policies are followed at all times.
- Liaise with the Asset Manager to ensure correct asset registration and assist in stock control
Skills required for this Role:
The Desktop and onsite support would include:
- Support Calls
- Help desk
- Onsite & Remote Support
- PC imaging and Setup for New Users
- Daily System Checks, such as Backup and Data Analysis
Essential Skills & Experience
- Windows Desktop Operating System
- Good background in Networking Principles
- Remote Desktop
- Microsoft Office
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Experience in a technical support role, ideally second line / customer-facing
- Experience in communications and interfacing peripherals to computer hardware
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Proven ability to learn about new and complex products and services quickly
- Able to demonstrate analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to produce clear, concise, technical reports
- Proven team player
- Ideally we are looking for someone who has either a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience / combined education.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Discover, inspire, and grow with Leidos UK. Apply today!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.