The National Solutions Group at Leidos currently has an opening for Tier 2 System Maintainer for our Incident and Service Request Response Team to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Harrogate, United Kingdom area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Tier 2 System Maintainer receives and responds to service requests and problems reported by customers and escalated from Tier 1. The Tier 2 System Maintainer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the IC community.
- Communicate with customers and technical component’s to fully understand the incident, service request or problem.
- Research problems by accessing internal and external knowledge databases.
- Facilitate technical communications between operations and development staff.
- Distribute defect reports and system data collected during anomaly investigations.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance activities, perform upgrades and support the transition and acceptance of new and modified systems.
- Analyze customer problems and implement appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair, and return to service in the field.
- Engage in hardware troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
- Assist with property and asset management.
- Monitor, review, update and disposition ServiceNow/HelpNow system tickets assigned to program per required timelines and level of information details.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience, Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Current DOD 8570 certification applicable to the position (typically Security+).
- Proven computer hardware and system troubleshooting skills.
- System administration skills.
- Ability to recognize problems or errors, provide innovative solutions to complex problems, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds of equipment.
- Experience with ServiceNow/HelpNow.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Ability to interact with system users and customers.
- Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.