More About the Role:
The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an IT Specialist to support efforts for the OCONUS Piers support portion of the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract located in Guam.
NGEN-R SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Leidos supports SMIT by delivering the OCONUS Piers support to connect vessels to shore based networks while in port and supports the OCONUS Enterprise Network (ONE-Net). Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network. As SMIT OCONUS services converge, this position may be responsible for additional Field Services Support tasks on ONE-Net.
Responsible for operating and maintaining the OCONUS Piers support network infrastructure. This includes providing connect/disconnect services to the vessels when arriving and departing from port. Candidates will be expected to respond appropriately to alerts and events and respond to incidents from triage through resolution, including escalations, where appropriate. Conduct infrastructure repairs, including directing remote activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services. Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures. Document daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
What You'll Get to Do:
The qualified candidate will Oversee, plan and organize complex operational designs, develop support plans, coordinate implementations, and provide second level support for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) solutions encompassing heterogeneous platforms.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage day to day operations.
• Develop system support requirements by reviewing and analyzing customer business processes and evaluating available Enterprise Services (ES) and supplier capabilities.
• Author procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use.
• Lead project teams in implementing new or upgraded designs and coordinate project efforts with support groups.
• Create plans that support implementation of changes.
• Participate in system support design and performance evaluation reviews.
• Advise on distributed network computing issues.
• Monitor and maintain security and integrity standards and controls.
• Plan and Assist in the evaluation, testing and recommendation of hardware, software, and network configurations based on customer need.
• Coach and train others in the application of new operational support technologies and train subordinates as needed.
• Guide and provide work direction to technical staff.
• Maintains and manages user accounts installs, modifies, and maintain systems, and software on server computer and critical infrastructure systems.
• Provide server and critical infrastructure support.
• Analyze user requirements and statistics to identify trends and resolve performance issues.
• Coordinate and approve updates of the site administration documentation.
• Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends
• Recommend appropriate price/performance improvement opportunities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
•Requires B.S. Degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
•4 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field.
•US Citizen and an active Secret Clearance is required.
•Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.).
•Possess one OEM network or OS certification (CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, etc.).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
•Additional preference will be given to individuals who possess both a network certification (CCNA, Network+, JNCIA, etc.) and fiber cabling certification from BICSI, FOA, or ETA International.
•Previous experience either in the military or as a contractor supporting pier side connect/disconnect service using either UCA or WPCS solutions.
•Experience with ISP/OSP Fiber Cabling.
•Experience with Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.