Business Operations Advisor
Programme Name: LCST
Location: The role is based in our Bristol office, with the opportunity to work from home 1-2 days per week; travel to our Bicester and Donnington offices will occasionally be required.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are in search of a Business Operations Advisor to join Team Leidos (TL) as a senior member of the Operations Directorate and act as the Deputy Operations Director for the Logistics Commodities and Services Transformation (LCST) programme.
The role is primarily responsible for providing SME advice on Defence Supply Chain and LCST systems and processes, identifying inefficiencies, driving improvements, and supporting delivery of service excellence. The key to success is this role is having the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels and lead them through business operations challenges to deliver successful conclusions.
If you are a self-motivated, driven individual who excels when granted freedom to tackle challenges with minimal direction, then we would love to hear from you...
- Investigate LCST and Defence supply chain integration issues on behalf of the Operations Director, while noting issues raised by Commodity and Logistics Directors.
- Facilitate Deep Dives, supported by the Business Process Working Group, identifying SME participation across LCST and from the wider Defence SC as necessary.
- Project manage TL responses to specific initiatives/customer requirements to the point of handing over to BAU delivery teams.
- Review Statement of Requirement submissions and provide SME input and/or challenge to identify E2E Defence Supply Chain Issues and gaps in proposals.
- Review proposed Defence Supply Chain Policy amendments for impacts on LCST.
- Attend logistics delivery and governance meetings to drive, inform and support delivery of the LCST operational targets.
- Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, and develop plans to achieve targets and implement improvements.
- Challenge TL or customer behaviors, processes, or operational activities which negatively impact LCST performance and/or reputation.
- Lead and/or support work streams for priority and strategic projects engaging with TL business areas, project teams and the customer as appropriate.
- Contribute to commissioning and delivery of projects, funding bids and new business opportunities.
- As Deputy Operations Director, represent the Director at senior leadership meetings, coordinate Directorate taskings and returns, and cover periods of absence.
- Strong experience in a leadership role encompassing:
- Supply chain, logistics and/or operations
- Stakeholder engagement and Customer Relationship Management
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with a proven ability to influence
- Solving complex problems across multiple stakeholder organisations
- Possess a UK driving license and be prepared to travel within the UK
- Professional qualification in business administration, logistics, or operations at Degree level, or equivalent in experience
- Demonstrable understanding of UK Defence supply chain and LCST systems and processes
- Established relationships within the UK Defence logistics community
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos UK, where your most important work is ahead!..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.