Are you ready for your next career challenge?..
We are looking for someone with experience in Capture / Pursuit Management who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
You will be aligned with the National Security portfolio and report to the Business Development Director. The team work mainly with Homeland Security, Policing and Justice sectors and sell primarily to the Public Sector.
The Capture Manager will be accountable for winning a specific business opportunity and will provide the leadership to the bid team through to award of the contract. You will:
- Define the customer engagement management strategy and engage senior company executives in contact activity as required
- Personally engage with customers and stakeholders to understand their issues, concerns, and hot buttons
- Build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively drive them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- Assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- Work with the bid manager to plan, appropriately tailor, and use relevant processes throughout the bid, ensuring that there is a process in place that develops a high quality proposal in a timely manner with checks on the development of content.
- Lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us , are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- Develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- Lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Work with the bid and proposal team to ensure win themes, hot buttons, and evaluation criteria are properly addressed across all proposal elements
- Lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required, ensuring smooth hand over to the project manager
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong track record working as a capture manager / pursuit lead in UK public sector winning complex services opportunities of greater than £20m
- Be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with customers and industry partners
- Experience and success working on £20m + deals in the UK Public Sector
- UK SC security clearance
- Exceptional leadership, management, and communication skills
- Proven effective in working across organisational boundaries (e.g. Between corporate divisions and/or multi-nationally based divisions)
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to work at the strategic and big picture level
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
Desirable Skills Required:
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
Get onboard with the fastest growing company in the industry. Apply today..
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.