Quality Engineering & Control (QE&C) Lead
Location: UK Home based
Leidos is seeking a UK-based Quality Engineering & Control Lead (QE&C) who is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
The role will be home-based with some travel required.
Reporting to the UK QE&C Manager, the QE&C Lead will support implementation of the Integrated Management System and oversee independent Quality activities required on appointed programmes, acting as the first point of contact for these issues.
What you will be doing:
- Review project procedures
- Conduct reviews of Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs) and work products
- Conduct and reports on internal process audits
- You will support and conduct Internal programme audits for ISO and Leidos standards
- You will be responsible for the audit surveillance activities conducted on key suppliers
- You will collect and report performance metrics (e.g. KPI’s)
- Responsible for reviewing the results of metrics analysis to determine whether additional process audits are needed
- You will have input into programme specific Quality Plans and annual review of these documents
Other activities will include:
- Supporting Quality Control (QC) activities, as required
- Providing support to the UK QE&C Manager
- Providing input to the UK QE&C Manager for reporting performance standards summary of the Monthly Operating Report
- Execute Quality Control activities in accordance with the QAP
- To implement root-cause analysis and improvement activities
- You will work closely with the Programme Manager, management team, and quality team to identify quality issues and resolutions and develop and review corrective action plans
- You will be involved in scheduling and conducting against internal standards
- You will be required to provide training and awareness of the Integrated Management System (IMS) to programme staff
- Quality assurance and control experience in a software development environment
- Experience of conducting quality activities from a quality engineering perspective
- Experience of internal audits
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- UK citizenship
- Ability to achieve SC clearance and willingness to achieve DV clearance, if required
- Willing to do occasional travel
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Active SC security clearance
- Experience of developing and implementing processes
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions (CAPA)
- Experience of Internal, external and supplier auditing
Clearance to Start BPSS
Clearance for Role SC
Leidos UK! Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction.
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.