Senior Network Engineer
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Following recent internal progression, a role has opened within the CIO UK Network Team for a Senior Network Engineer. The team is responsible for the internal network and firewall portfolio, including Cisco LAN and WAN, Aruba Wi-Fi, Software Defined infrastructure (WAN/DC), Load Balancers, and Next Generation Firewalls.
We are looking for a subject matter expert in a number of these technologies to be able to lead projects to refresh and implement new technologies from design through to implementation. The role will be roughly 50/50 project and BAU though this will vary depending on demand.
What sets you apart?
Proven experience in at least two of the following:
- Hands-on experience in deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Palo Alto firewalls
- Hands-on experience in deploying and troubleshooting SDWAN
- Hands-on experience with SDDC using NSX, VXLAN, and virtual firewalls
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting wired and wireless NAC
In addition we are looking for:
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN and Data Centre environments, 3rd line support level including deployment, administration, and troubleshooting to at least CCNP level
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of WAN connectivity and routing protocols also with experience and understanding of the implementation, configuration and management of virtual and physical networking solutions
- You should have good knowledge of non-network technologies - how they work and interact with the network, such as virtualisation, unified communications, and storage
- You should have worked with secure accredited environments and frameworks such as Cyber Essentials Plus
- Strong personal experience in planning complex changes, planning the order/logistics to ensure minimum disruption, and communicating plans with project management and the wider team. This can come from integrating acquisitions, consolidating networks, IP addressing schemes etc.
- Comfortable working under pressure handling multiple priorities from project and BAU
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching, routing, and IPSEC tunnels
- Hands-on experience of Load Balancers and Global Server Load Balancing (DNS)
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, and autonomous working
- Desire to help less experienced colleagues grow and develop
- Design experience in network solutions and the creation of high-level and low-level designs
- Have the ability to tackle complex problems and incidents sometimes with limited detail, identifying improvements as you go
- Keen interest in investigating and proposing new products and solutions as well as staying current by taking up training opportunities
Clearance to Start: SC
Clearance for Role: SC
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.