Cyber Security Engineer
Location: UK Home Based
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos has a great opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join us in a permanent full-time role. Reporting into the USA team with great flexible work arrangements available, this role will see you work on evolving Identify and Access Management capabilities to support the company’s future needs.
Primarily working with Active Directory, Single Sign-On, Multi-factor Authentication, Identify Management and emerging authentication standards, you will support the full system engineering lifecycle and your responsibilities will include the following;
- Support a team of Identify & Access Management (IAM) engineers in designing, building, and deploying IAM systems that support and secure the Leidos corporate IT environments.
- Participate in project lifecycle milestones, such as requirements development and reviews, implementation-level design documentation, and writing standard operating procedures.
- Provide cross-training to service stakeholders when deploying, enhancing, or modifying services.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in at least one technology or service area offered by the IAM Engineering team.
- Participate in high-level business activities, such as integrating corporate mergers and acquisitions, including planning, designing, and deploying integration capabilities.
- Help develop technical roadmaps to drive constant cyber transformation and improvements in Leidos’ defensive posture.
- Other areas as assigned.
About You and What You'll Bring
Coupled with your education and/or practical experience you will be customer-focused and motivated to learn new technologies to ensure customer mission needs are met. In addition, you will demonstrate the following knowledge and skills;
- Proven experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Proven experience with Azure Active Directory.
- Demonstrated experience administering Windows server systems, Federation Services and Single Sign-On technologies.
- Working knowledge of Information Security concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols i.e. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders and foster collaboration.
Successful candidates will be required to be United Kingdom Citizens with the ability to hold and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.