Are you an Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Cloud Infrastructure Design and Deployment? Would you like to be part of a growing Cloud Infrastructure Team?
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
What will you be doing?
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as AWS & Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from a Cloud background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will:
- Have excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure;
- Have an understanding of DevOps source control (Git etc);
- Have experience working with the Atlassian product suite;
- Have an understanding of DevOps tooling including Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins;
- Have excellent knowledge of Cloud Networking such as Security Groups, VPC, Virtual Networks;
- Have experience of containerisation concepts and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (AKS);
- Have experience of technologies such as API Gateway, lambda functions, Cognito pools, Route 53;
- Have experience with Python, node.js or .netcore;
- Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
- Have an understanding of PostgresSQL;
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
- Have general knowledge of Linux operating systems and their maintenance;
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:11/23/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.